Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What is Art?

Art is viewed differently by every human being, so what is? What is art? Well for me, one thing is for sure, watching a dog suffer until its death is not art. In my opinion I think it is outrageous that a human would go and pay money to see that. I may just feel this way because I am an animal-lover and can’t even handle the thought of road kill, but I never thought anyone was into hurting animals. For an artist to come up with this idea is one thing, but the idea could have died if no one gave him a whole section of a museum for the dog to be rejected in. It could have just been brushed under the rug, and hopefully he would have just come up with a new idea, or project, that would be a little more animal friendly.

On the other side, I do believe a can of shit, and an artists’ air is art. I believe that Piero Manzoni is a hysterical genius. He did the most simplest of things, and put a price tag on it. It makes every human look like a failure because you have Piero, who has been dead for around 50 years be able to sell a can of shit that he took, for $60,000!

No comments:

Post a Comment