Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Art Experience 6: Blink 182-My Chemical Romance Concert


I was able to go see two amazing bands in my hometown the weekend of September 23rd. Sabrina and I were able to go to the 1-800-Ask-Gary Amphitheatre and go to the Honda Civic Tour headlining My Chemical Romance and Blink-182. The show opened with Matt & Kim who were two of the most interactive and energetic performers I’ve ever seen, aside from Lady Gaga. They put on a great set, that was full of jokes and personal stories and they threw out giant balloons for the pit to play with. Afterwards My Chem came on and while they used to be really amazing performers they have gone down in performance quality. Their set was decent, but their show was less than energetic and their light show was sub-par. However, Blink was incredible. Not only was their light show out of this world, their graphics on screen and as their background was incredible as well. They played an energetic set that had people who weren’t even huge Blink fans out of their seats and dancing. They were truly the highlight of the night and even though I personally found Travis Barker’s too be a little too much of a diva, with his continuous drum solos, but most bands don’t have someone like Travis Barker. I was extremely satisfied with the concert and wholeheartedly enjoyed myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment