Sunday, October 9, 2011

Art Occurence 4





Last weekend, I went to Maitland Art Festival, which took place at Lake Lily Park, Maitland. There were many white tents set up, and there was a live music played the whole day. I found many interesting artists there. Some of stuff I found interesting included carved eggshells, clocks, and lamps, but what interested me the most was this tent by an artist named Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson.

Elizabeth uses all kinds of paper from handmade paper to pages from old books to make her posters. What made Elizabeth’s arts more interesting than other tents was that her art are very vibrant, refreshing, and colorful. Some of my favorite was the posters of peacock, flamingo, and a cow. I wanted to talk to her, but when I found her, she was busy with other stuff, so I didn’t get to talk to her.

After seeing her arts, I was so inspired that I became very enthusiastic about poster arts and went on the Internet and did some research. I have all these crazy ideas that I could do with poster arts. If I ever have some time (probably during winter break or something), I’d like to try making one.

1 comment: