Friday, October 7, 2011

Art Experience 2

Some people watch television shows religiously. For me it takes a lot for me to watch a TV show and keep coming back every week to see the following episode. I had watched shows previously, but always lost interest or felt the plot was too predictable. However, the television sitcom which altered my perception of the average American television series was Modern Family.
Modern Family is a "mockumentary" style show where three fictional families are followed day to day, and people are able to see their antics, problems, and joys. Throughout an episode, characters appear in clips and talk directly into the camera much like a real documentary. Each character in the show possesses  a different form of comedy. Characters such as Phil Dunphy epitomize the carefree dad who isn't afraid to make a fool of himself, whereas Claire Dunphy is the typical mother who needs the assurance of complete control. Together, the families all work together to create a comedy where the next event is always unexpected.
On September 21st, the season 3 premiere was released and was based on "Dude Ranch". I made sure I got to see the episode, and every week I can't wait till Wednesday comes around to see a half hour of comic relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment