Sunday, October 9, 2011

Art Occurence 1

On September 27th, I’ve got a chance to go see The Pillowman with my RCC class. It was the first time seeing the show so I was very exciting; especially when I’ve heard that it is a very dark but at the same time, humorous play. Based on the name, I felt like the play is some pg-13 comedy plays.

As the show about to start, the light inside is dimed. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the two characters came out. The two characters are Katurian and Ariel. Ariel grabbed Katurian by his collar. Katurian was dragged to the table which is at the enter of the stage. After that happened, the theater just filled with silence. I thought this is a very creative way to capture audience’s attention. As the show goes on, I felt like the play was really dark. My favorite part of the show was when Katurian talked to his brother about the story. I still don’t get the significance of the Pillowman story. However, I feel I kind of get the overall idea of the play. I really like the play although I barely find the humor of the play.

Beside how the play went, I like the acting. Everyone in the play are really good at what they do, especially Matt who got the role of a character with mentally disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment