Sunday, October 9, 2011

Art Occurence 3

On September 9th, I went to see Contagion with my RCC class. As I’ve seen the trailer of this movie before, I was very excited to see it. I lived through the period when there was avian flu spread in Thailand, so I felt I’d be able to relate myself to the movie.

The movie was made so that it would look realistic. There were a lot of biology terminology throughout the movie which, I’m pretty sure, confused many people who are not really into science. (Lucky me for being in science major). There was barely any background music, which very interesting, as the production team was still able to deliver emotions that went on in the movie.

Overall, I felt like the movie was boring. I was very disappointed that the movie didn’t come out to be horror or the end of the world kind of movie. There was a scene when the 2 characters babbling about viruses for almost a whole minute which almost put me to sleep. The ending of the movie was unmemorable; as a matter of fact, I didn’t even remember how it actually ended. I only remember two teenagers dancing in the house, and a bat being the source of the epidemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment