Thursday, October 6, 2011

Art Experience 1

A few weeks back a few friends and I went to see Sebastian Ingrosso from Swedish House Mafia In Tampa. It was kind of a last second idea on my part since I got asked to go literally thirty minutes before we left and I’m glad I went through with it. Swedish House Mafia is probably the biggest name in the rapidly growing genre of house music and getting a chance to see one of the trio was a real treat. This was one of the better shows I have seen live and every phase of the night was memorable from the drive-in to the show to the drive back. The drive to the venue, which was ironically called “The Venue,” was a warm-up of sorts; we played house songs the entire way and it turned out to be a real good start off to the night. We got there around nine to make sure we got front row, the show started at ten, and at first I’m not going to lie it was a little awkward. The Venue was a small club and everyone there was real dressed up, the occupants adorned fancy, expensive attire, and we rolled up in tank tops, shorts and sneakers. As soon as the concert started none of that mattered as we had the best seats in the house; half of our bodies were literally hanging over the stage. We were so close in fact, the gas and confetti machines were literally blowing in our faces the entire night and I could not hear right for 3 days after. The two first DJs were very good, but they did not compare to Sebastian; he absolutely killed it. Sebastian played Swedish House Mafia hits, some of his hits, some classic house songs, and some new songs that haven’t come out yet all of which were incredible. The show ended close to three and thank god I took two five-hour energies or I would’ve not made it through. The ride back was even fun as we were all still wired from the concert; we each shared stories from the night and looked at the footage from my friends “go-pro” camera while listening to music that was much easier on the ear like The Dave Matthews Band. Although it was a phenomenal time I do not think I have ever been happier to see my bed in my entire, I must’ve slept for 12 hours straight after getting back.

1 comment:

  1. That is precisely what you should be doing when you are in college. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete