Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Art Experience 5: Jurassic Park


Before this outing with my RCC, I had never seen Jurassic Park. I had seen bits and pieces on TV but never the full thing. I wasn’t expecting much, either. I have never been a big fan of Spielberg. One of my dad’s favorite movies is E.T. and I honestly cannot stand that movie, not even to ride at Universal is any good. Going into Jurassic Park I had my towel to lay down on and my Snuggie so I figured if anything I would be able to take a nice nap on the lawn. Once the movie started I was interested to see how the dinosaurs were created when they had been extinct for so long. I even enjoyed the part where the old man was introducing the guests to the island and all of the rides that they had developed. I thought the addition of the kids was a necessary addition because of how dry the other characters were. The only character I really liked other than the old man was the mathematician because of how funny he was. Once the action ensued though I quickly became bored. The special effects were not spectacular compared to how they are these days, and the story was predictable. The fact that I couldn’t see the screen well contributed to my boredom. By this point in the movie I think a lot of people became restless because there was much more talking amongst groups and even though we had the entire lawn everyone seemed to be in the same area, no one really spread out. Overall, I’m glad I got to watch Jurassic Park because it is a classic that everyone should see, but if I ever see it again it will definitely be another time where there are far less distractions and it will be from the comfort of my own couch or bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment