Friday, October 7, 2011

Art Experience 1

Last Wednesday, I was fortunate enough to be part of the Avicii experience that occurred at the House of Blues in downtown Orlando. Avicii is a rising international DJ who is renovating the public image of house music. Avicii, or more correctly, Tim Berling, is a Swedish music producer who has the magic touch when it comes to the sound board. His talent can transform a restless crowd into a sea of people dancing, and genuinely enjoying the music and to where it takes them. Berling does not just focus on one genre but keeps his productions with the changing music scene and what appeals to the fans.
When I arrived at the House of Blues I was determined to get to the front. My friends thought I was crazy and that it couldn't be possible. The show was sold out, and both mezzanine and floor was nearly impassable. But I had to get up there somehow, and I did.
Avicii, unlike some artists smiles when he performs. This allowed thousands of people to connect to person they probably haven't seen before or will see again. He enjoyed his music just as much as we did which is the most important aspect any artist should accomplish- doing what you love.

1 comment: