Monday, August 22, 2011

Hello everyone, my name is Eric.


For starters I am a pianist and a Music major here at Rollins. I love classical music and I aspire to be a composer. My favorite composers are: Gustav Mahler (picture on left), Sergei Rachmaninoff, Johann Sebastian Bach, Frederic Chopin, and Peter Tchaikovsky.


I also like many pianists. My favorite is Evgeny Kissin. I have added a couple of links below to some videos of him playing. I couldn't narrow it down to one so I chose a couple:

Paganini/Liszt-La Campanella: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0U73NRSIkw
Beethoven-Rondo e capriccio "Rage over the Lost Penny": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQn4Qfy_Bek&feature=related

Besides music, I also enjoy a large variety of movies. I love everything from Lord of the Rings to Annie Hall, and The Departed to Aladdin. All of which are very different types of movies. All in all, I love the Arts. In fact, my high school was a school of the arts! So I've always been surrounded by them.

Well I hope this gives you all an idea of who I am. See you soon! -Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment