Sunday, November 27, 2011

My last Art Experiences:)

The art experience 5

About three weeks ago, I got a chance to go see Bald Soprano in the Fred Stone theatre. The whole play was very confusing for me. First of all, everyone spoke in fake British accents, which made very hard for me to understand. And also, I did not understand the plot at all; I have no idea what the story was about despite the fact that I did concentrate on trying to make sense out of it. Especially the end of the play, where they started back right at the beginning, I had no idea why they even did that. Although, I did not really understand it, I did enjoy couple of scenes. I really like the scene when one of the female character in black dress talks with one of the other guys, and they realized that they were actually husband and wife, but apparently they weren’t according to the maid. The other scene that I like was the scene when all the characters argued about the doorbell. I like how none of they were either right or wrong about it. I appreciate the actors’ ability to perform even though the whole play did not make any sense because I know that it is hard just to act normally and being able to entertain the audience. The actors did a good job entertaining the confused audience. Overall, I did like the play even though I had no idea what was going on. However, if I ever had a choice to see it again, I wouldn’t watch it again.




The art experience 6

On November 10th, I had a chance to go see the preview of Little Shop of Horror with my RCC class. I was really excited about it because it was free. First thing that I liked as I entered the theatre was the stage, it was beautiful. I liked how the crew created something that looked like an actual city with very limited space. The fact that there was a live band was really cool. As the play goes on, I enjoyed all the song. The opening song got my attention. Fortunately, I got to sit in the second row, so I could see every characters’ facial expressions clearly. (Thanks to Crysta for picking the seats for us). From my opinion, the whole sitting in the front experience was so much better than watching 3-D movies. The costume was really cool too. I like how Ryan really dedicated his hair for that play. I love Jaz’s version of Audrey. Her and Taylor had a lot of chemistry. Brian’s character was very entertaining. There was a scene when Brian made me very uncomfortable. If I remember correctly, it was the scene where he sang the Dentist song. Brian came really close to me as he said, “say ahh”. I actually said ah as he said that the first time because he scared me. The plant was my favorite character. I like the fact that no one notices anything weird about it. Overall, I like everything in the play. I would see it again if I had a chance.



The art experience 7

At the beginning of November, I was assigned to read the unpublished play Feeder: A Love Story for my RCC class. The whole play focuses on Feederism. Feederism is a type of sexual fetish involving obese women consuming large amount of food for the sexual pleasure of their partners and viewers. In the play, the guy, Noel, was trying to get his girl. Jesse, to a 1000 pounds. However, once Jesse got to 700 pounds, she had doubts as to whether she should keep doing it , as she became immobilized. The play was very educational. I never knew what Feederism was until I read the play. For me, I don’t feel like the whole play is a love story, it’s rather more about lust in a weird way. In the play, Jesse went on a TV show so that she could get help losing weight. Noel did not know that Jesse actually decided to do on her own so he thought that she was kidnapped. From my opinion, Noel was very selfish as he was the one that came up with the getting to a 1000 pounds idea. Although Jesse loves eating, I don’t think that she would have liked to have been that obese. Pretty much, Jesse just agreed to do that because she did not want to lose Noel. If Noel really loves her, he would’ve loved her as she was. Overall, the whole play was weird. I felt very uncomfortable reading it especially because I was reading it out loud with Jennifer So.



The art experience 8

Recently, I’ve been having this zombie obsession. (Thanks to Rollins Zombies Apocalypse Survival Club). So I decided to look up all the zombie movies on Netflix. I came across this movie called The Crazies. The movie follows the classic zombie movies plot: small quiet town, virus outbreak, apocalypse, everyone dies at the end. As I watched it, I still debated whether it counts as a zombie movie or not, as people that got infected did not have zombie characteristics. Everyone that got infected still had consciousness. However, their appearance changed and they all had the urge to kill. From my opinion, this movie is much more scarier than the average zombie movies. What makes this movie creepier would be the fact that those people that were infected were still humans, and nothing could be creepier than psycho killers, especially when they were everywhere in one small town. One of the creepiest scenes I saw was the scene when one of the people that was infected slowly walked into a room where one of the main characters was tied up on a bed and could not move. In that room, there were also other people tied up to the bed lining up. As that infected person walked pass each bed, he stabbed the people on the bed one by one until he reached that main character’s bed. The fact that I saw other people get killed before her repeatedly made me imagined of what that person would do. The way the camera showed blood dripping from under the bed gave me a chill. Overall, I felt like this is one of the best horror movies that I’ve ever seen even though it’s not a zombie movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment