Wednesday, November 23, 2011

End of my Art Experiences

Art Experience 5


While at Rollins I have realized how much access to great concerts we have. From Pitbull to Avicii many different artists come through and perform so close by. I was fortunate enough to attend the Bassnectar. I am not a huge fan of Bassnectar but I have always had an appreciation for the work he has done. Being in the concert there was a great atmosphere and being surrounded by true fans you couldn’t help but leave the concert being a big fan!


Art Experience 6


Last Thursday I am proud to say that I went to the midnight premiere of Breaking Dawn Part 1. I am a huge fan of the Twilight Saga so whenever a new movie comes out I am alway there at midnight. Even though Breaking Dawn was not my favorite book of the series I thought the movie was absolutely amazing! Being that the movie was so good the first time I saw it, it is no wonder as to why I went back that night to see it with my other friends!


Art Experience 7


While being home, and with the Christmas season approaching I decided I wanted to do something a little different this year. I have always had an interest in making and building different types of things, or even just helping my dad out with work around the house. Due to this, I saw a commercial for Home Depot that had an interesting ornament decoration and so I decided to build one for my family and one for my sisters apartment. It did not look all that hard to make but once I started I realized I faced quite a few difficulties with measuring the wood evenly and correctly and then having the paint dripping while drying. However in the end I am really happy with how it came out and am really excited to hang it up when the Christmas decorations go up!


Art Experience 8


All through high school all the sports teams would always make t-shits, whether for homecoming or the last game of the season or just for spirit. I always enjoyed making the t-shirts and was always making shirts outside of school for random occasions as well. I was talking to my mom and we were trying to figure out what we all should be for the Disney Marathon weekend when I asked if she would Mrs. Potato Head. She thought it was a great idea and I was excited because I got to make the shirt for her. I ran to Michaels the next day and bought all the supplies. I designed the shirt so that she can velcro on and off different eyes and mouth expressions just like Mrs. Potato Head can, the shirt came out awesome and she is really excited to wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment