Sunday, November 13, 2011

Art Experience 6

I went to see The Bald Saprano. While I love absurdest theatre I regret to say I had never seen this particular show. It was interesting to say the least. Ionesco is definitely a master of the absurd. The production itself was pretty successful in my opinion.

From a technical standpoint the show was brilliant. The set design was simple but displayed some very interesting characteristics including a bathtub. How they got a bathtub into The Fred is beyond me. My favorite part of the set was the Salvador Dali style clock painted on the center of the stage. It helped portray the lack of importance of time within the show as well as displaying some amazing painting techniques. The most impressive part of the clock was the seamlessness between wall/floor and scrim. The costumes were of the time period and the sound worked well. I loved how the light levels rose slightly with each chime of the clock.

The acting was very good. The accents were believable and they really got Ionesco's point across. They showed how little people really do pay attention to one another and how both sides of an argument can be correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment