Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Movie Ratings HTM

I think that the people who are rating the movies are doing a good job. I personally think that their system is a pretty good one and has proven a worthy standard for our country’s movies. However, I can definitely understand why movie directors would be upset that their movie was rated with an NC-17, especially when there is nothing that bad in it. Or at least that’s what the moviemaker believes.

When it comes right down to it, for me, if the movie has enough explicit content in it to be rated NC-17 why would anyone ever want to make such a movie? I feel like such movies are needed in today’s society and I can see why the movie companies forbid advertising for those types of films.

It is also important for the raters to be consistent when rating movies. I think that they mostly have. On the contrary, many filmmakers, like the ones on the documentary, would obviously disagree. The board or committee that rates these movies clearly has a formula that is used to take the content, visuals, and dialogue of the movie and assign it an appropriate rating. I think they are doing a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Your piece seems to be a bit contradictory. Movies like NC-17 ones should be made because they are needed but then you ask why anyone would need to make such a movie.

    ReplyDelete