Monday, November 14, 2011

Art Occurrence 5

This past weekend I attended the Theatre Department’s Musical Production, Little Shop of Horrors. I’ve never been much of a theatregoer before but I found the show to be rather fun and exciting. The actors were fun and engaging and really brought me in; I always wanted to know what was going to happen next. The music was also very good. It was a tad on the repetitive side, but it’s Alan Menken, so what can you say? The songs were all very neat and often times made me want to tap my foot. It was an enjoyable experience.

The only thing that bothered me about the show was the ending. I was really rather confused about it. The large plant eats everyone and then a minute later they all come out and bow? I guess the plant wins in the end. Not on my top list of best endings. Oh well. I still liked the show and it made for a nice change from my regular classical music concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment