Monday, September 12, 2011

Response to Land of the Dead

Reading the play today in class I found it to be very realistic. It was written in such a way that people could easily relate to the event. It was really quite sad in the end even thought the man was kind of a jerk in the first part. This came out a few days less than a year from when 9-11 actually happened. I feel like this wasn't necessarily too soon but perhaps they shouldn't have timed it to be so close to the actual date. 9-11 is a very memorial day and much a day of sadness for those who lost loved ones in the attack. Even though this play doesn't make fun of the day in any way it can bring back many difficult memories for those people who mourning. I like the play and I am in favor of it, but revealing it just a few days before the first anniversary of 9-11 doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment