Thursday, September 22, 2011

Art Occurence 1

I saw the play Legacy of Light with my RCC. It was about two female physicists and their struggles to juggle family with work. Emilie Du Chatelet was a french female physicist of the 19th century. She produced the theory that light has no mass. Oliva was a modern day physicist watcching the formation of an embryonic planet. Watching this play gave me a total nerdgasm. My two great loves are theatre and physics. To see both combined in an entertaining, thought provoking, existentialist way was extremely exciting. It was also cool that my Acting I professor's wife was one of the female leads. The production itself was extremely well done. The period costuming of 19th Century France was exquisite and detailed. Emilie Du Chatelet's gown was a perfect example of women's clothing of the time. The set design was simple which made the acting stand out more as were the lights. All together it was a great experience.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's right Heather was in that production. Have you read Stoppard's Hapgood. If you like physics and theatre, then you will love it. As well, you would like Copenhagen by Michael Frayn.

    ReplyDelete